My kids devour these before asking what’s in them- very unusual! These are a delicious snack or dinner. They can be frozen to which completely won me over!
- 500 g cauliflower
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ onion chopped
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1/4 cup tasty cheese grated
- 2 cup self-raising flour
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 splash olive oil
- Preheat oven to 150°C. Bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil over high heat. Add cauliflower. Return to the boil and cook, uncovered, for 4 to 6 minutes or until tender. Drain. Transfer to a board and roughly chop. Place in a bowl. Set aside to cool.
- Sift flour over cooled cauliflower. Add the crushed garlic, onion, grated zucchini, parmesan cheese and tasty cheese to the bowl with the cauliflower, stir to combine.
- Add the beaten eggs along with 1/4 cup of water to the bowl with the cauliflower mixture and stir to combine.
- Place a tablespoon of olive oil into a large frying pan and heat over a medium/high heat.
- Cook the fritters for 5 minutes on each side until they are crisp and golden brown.
My kids love to dip these into avocado dip mixed with yogurt.
Super Food Ideas - March 2006 , Page 38