These Cheese and Spinach Mini Muffins are a winner for the lunch box! the spinach can be substituted with bacon or ham also.
1 cup of self raising flour
1/2 cup spinach leaves chopped very small
1/4 cup tasty cheese (add a few teaspoons of parmesan if you have it)
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup extra lite olive oil
1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 tablespoon caster sugar
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees fan forced. Grease a 24 hole mini muffin pan.
2. Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl. Add caster sugar. Stir and combine.
3. Chop spinach into small pieces. Add spinach and cheese to the flour mixture. Stir and make a well in the centre.
4. Whisk milk, oil and egg together in a jug. Pour into the well. gently stir until combined. Spoon mixture into the muffin holes.
5. Bake for 12 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. stand for 15 minutes in the pan before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
Best thing is this recipe freezes really well- perfect for littlies lunch boxes. i wrap them individually in both cling wrap and foil. Freeze for up to 1 month.
Makes 24 mini muffins
Source: Super Food Ideas 2010 October issue.