My kids and I love this recipe, although it is not as crunchy as commercially-bought muesli bars. If you prefer a more crunchy bar, you could try either lightly toasting the rolled oats before mixing with the other ingredients, or returning the cooled, cut-up bars to a low oven, but watch carefully that the bars don't burn.
1 cup quick oats
4 crushed Weet Bix
60 g trail mix
8 dried apricots, chopped
8 dates, chopped
1 banana mashed
¼ cup honey or golden syrup
1 egg white
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C fan-forced. Grease and line one rectangular tin.
- Blend together in a food processor or with a bar mix, Trail mix, sultanas, apricots & dates. Then combine in another bowl with weet-bix.
- In another bowl mash a banana and mix with the egg white. Add this to the above fruit, nut and weet-bix mixture & combine together.
- Press mixture into a lined 18 x 28cm tin, and bake 15-20 minutes until golden.
- Cool in tin, turn out and cut into bars. They will last for up to a week in an air-tight container.